From Vintage Story Wiki
In Vintage Story, macros are used to quickly execute some commands with a keyboard shortcut without the need to type them in the chat window.
- Press Ctrl + M to open the Macro Editor window.
- Select an icon for your macro.
- Give a name to your Macro.
- Write a keyboard shortcut combination for the execution of your macro.
- Write one or several commands. It can be any server command or any client command.
- Name all your macros with a unique name.
- Insert multiple hotkeys [Ctrl, Alt, Shift, etc.] + [Anything] because the game already has a lot of hotkeys that serve a purpose.
- If you modify the hotkey of an already existing macro, it will not work unless you restart the game.