Modding:Chunk Data Storage
A chunk is a 32x32x32 cube of blocks. There is a tutorial on adding custom moddata to a chunk.
Each chunk contains the following information:
- Every block in the solid layer
- Every block in the fluid layer
- Sparse map of block positions to block entities
- List of entities
- Sparse map of decor blocks. The map is indexed by both the block position and decor index. The decor index includes which face of the parent block the decor is attached to, and optionally a location on a 16x16 grid on that block face (used by caveart).
- Map of modid to a byte array of custom moddata
- Format version metadata
|Green Items require C# coding
Advanced Blocks | Advanced Items | Block and Item Interactions | Block Behavior | Block Entity | Particle Effects | World Access | Inventory Handling | Commands | GUIs | Network API | Monkey patching (Harmony)
|Workflows & Infrastructure
List of server commands | List of client commands | Client startup parameters | Server startup parameters | Creative Starter Guide | ServerBlockTicking | Bot System | WorldEdit | Cinematic Camera | Adjustable FPS Video Recording