Vintage Story Wiki:Incomplete Pages
Info and Guidelines
This page is designed to help wiki contributors know what needs to be done on the wiki. As these pages become complete, make sure to remove them from this page. If you need help first google, the help pages on wikipedia are very informative, and last ask in the discord #wiki channel.
If you see something like "Trees -> Acacia" It means that the section Acacia needs to be added to the trees page.
If you see "Crafting Recipes -> recipe:hay" It means the recipe for hay need to be added to the crafting recipes page.
Some items will be listed with a "-" and that means that item needs to be done in the most general of sense.
Specific pages that need to be done will look like this.
Some guidelines when making and editing pages.
- Avoid redundant information
- Avoid giving a history lesson
- Articles must contain enough information to warrant a full page. If they do not have enough content, they should be merged with other similar articles. For example, there is no page on the minecraft wiki for Birch planks. All planks are in a combined article.
- Don't write stuff about things that are not in the game yet.
- No advertising, fan community pages, joke pages, etc.
- Stick with American English or how it's spelled in-game for example use Axe over Ax.
- In-game items, structures, mobs, etc should not be treated as common nouns and not capitalized.
- Date formatting should be "Month DD, YYYY"
- When making item/block specific pages, use the in-game name for the for the page name. For example a page for shale stone should be "Shale stone"
- When uploading icons for grid recipes it should be "Grid [in-game name in proper english]" so shale stone would be "Grid Shale stone".
Stuff that needs to be worked on
Arrow needs images of the different kinds of arrows in the damage chart.
- When Arrowheads Is created, we will need images of each arrowhead type, and images of forging both 6 and 9 Copper arrowheads as examples.
Gemstone needs pictures of normal (not clear) quartz & olivine bits
Existing Pages need Reworking
- MainPage -> Survival -> Blocks,Items,Guides
- Water needs filling out, or merge with World Generation?
World Generation page needs more detail.
- category usage
Foraging - What's important to have in your toolbar when first starting out. Stressing survival and progression. For instance, clay is not important to carry on you.Hope
- Clothes (stub page rn)- better explanation of how to craft and maintain them, info about the tailor class if applicable
- Armor - last edit November 2020. add new armours if applicable, add a section on what armours are best for a specific purpose/ which ones make sense to have early game
- Soil - add tipshow to find terra preta, if applicable
- move chat keybinds and group stuff into its own page.
- temporal stability & temporal gears include as info in survival guide
- Better crafting grid template
Bees/Beekeeping - last update July 2020 Fertilizer information on the Farming Page needs fleshing out (which one does what, when is it actually needed, etc.)
- Navbox decorative item may need addition (need assets)
- No info about corrupted locust (need assets)
- Info about red brick missing in Ceramic_Blocks, need mention of red & brown brick from traders
- windmill may need assets & redirect to Mechanical Power. additional info about the big gear & power trains using it (there's always discord questions about this)
- flesh out page for making & using mortar - or add more redirects?
make clearer how alloys are mixed and cast (apparently there are misunderstandings?)-DessertOverlord
- more info on how claiming works, and what issues it has (like doors being still passable, and armour stands not being save)
info on best sapling getting praxis: axe reduces chances for drop, shears & hands have same droprate (but shears are faster)
- add info to first day guide about world customization, so people know they can make the game "easier" in the beginning
Glass needs the new glass colours added
- add steel & meteoric iron variants to all tool, weapon, ingots etc lists
- add new plants & flowers to the pages
Flax Fibers needs more detail, where you get it etc
- add more info regarding Resin
- page about survival strategies in challenge worlds? like rabbit traps, panning, etc?
Health (what drains health, what recovers health)
- Building_Blocks - wants a list of options available at each tech tier
- Blasting Powder
- Grass Hay - Linked from Hay, the page for the blocks needs to be made, including whether or not it can be crafted back into Hay
- Arrow Head - Need to include images detailing how to craft arrowheads, the smithing strategies for 6 vs 9 metal arrowheads.
- Sail - Page is redirect to Mechanical Power windmill section, should be split to own page.
- Twine/Flax Twine needs to be split from Linen page
- Split Metals and Ore deposits into individual metal pages such as "Copper" that shows the ore, metal, and everything that can be done with that metal.
- Different tool types/tiers split from general tools pages
Chisel - Page is empty, should redirect to ChiselHope wood Items (for instance bucket) (Appears to have been done)
- Saltpeter -- crafting recipes, fertilizer use, generation on cave walls, etc.
- Potash / Sylvite -- Crafting recipes, fertilizer use, generation inside of Halite deposits, etc.
- Chute - Detail how they work, what sides are valid I/O for blocks, limitations, etc.
New Content due to Update
- New Monsters (Bell, Sawblade, two headed drifter) - and add explanation about stone throwing drifters
- re-evaluate Temporal Stability page, add rifts and how the new mechanic works (once it's completely settled down)
- New blocks: lichen/moss covered
- scrap weapons - great video from Ashantin to attach here
- a page for the new decor stuff? or add that to wherever we have tapestries?
add new trees to the Trees page; change table to include the tree seeds as a step before the saplings-Gravy
- re-evaluate bamboo spawn (for the "how far apart should they be planted" part) - same for Kapok
- add new ferns to the Flowers page
- add new Farming crops and recipes for Cooking
- update fertilizer
- clay oven page, how to craft it/ set it up. there's an empty link from the cooking page to it
add info about pit kilns to the Clay Forming page
- update Chicken page with new egg laying & hatching mechanics
- new blocks: drystone, metal blocks, rough door etc
- new Paintings, Tapestrys, a new Flowers
do we have a page on what materials can be piled? now might be the time new bows& crafting mechanic for them
- bones finally have a use! add to the Tools and Weapons & Bone pages
update Sulfur and all recipe grids that might use it - it's powdered now... update Papyrus on the Cooper's Reed (Cattail) page - "papyrus tops and roots "
- some stack sizes have changed, might be worth checking on the individual pages: "..including most mechanical parts, and many non-mold clay items, as well as anvil, bed, and quern."
add rope Ladder recipe bees now hibernate below 0°C & all beetimes reset at -10°C (swarming and production timers) on Beekeeping-DessertOverlord Fruit TreesAki (but still needs more work)
- Fruit Press &
Alcohol brewing(probably best done in separate pages. what can be pressed, how to assemble the fruit press, etc) -Aki
- liquid system rework - check explanation on cooking page & other relevant pages
- Mushroom page needs fleshing out (Farian left stub notes on what is needed)
- rework multiblock chiselling, since the process has changed slightly (directly drag into the UI instead of crafting together)
- Bears! (for now only the Polar one, but might as well make it a whole page for that enemy type)
- add alcohol soaked Bandage to the Poultice page
- page about dyes & dyables?
- page about the auction house or add it to Trading? how does it work (price etc) and what to keep in mind (food spoil time etc)
- Crates & Trunks need to be mentioned on Containers
- Tailor & new class specific recipes need adding on Classes
- growth time & yield for most crops was doubled, as well as some of the temperatures. check Farming and amend the relevant lists
- more modding examples and tutorials
- need to add Block_Materials, Json:block:worldvariantgroups, Modding:WorldGen API to modding navbox
- Main Page-> Theme Pack Modding -> Getting Started -> Basic Example
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> Entity -> Modding:Basic Entity
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> Entity -> Property Overview
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> World Generation -> Tree Generation
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> Getting Started -> Code Sample and Introduction
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> API -> List of client commands
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> API -> Networking
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> Release -> Code Mod
- Move patching tutorial over from the forums
- Macros going over how to make them and how useful they are