Vintage Story Wiki:Incomplete Pages
Info and Guidelines
This page is designed to help wiki contributors know what needs to be done on the wiki. As these pages become complete, make sure to remove them from this page. If you need help first google, the help pages on wikipedia are very informative, and last ask in the discord #wiki channel.
If you see something like "Trees -> Acacia" It means that the section Acacia needs to be added to the trees page.
If you see "Crafting Recipes -> recipe:hay" It means the recipe for hay need to be added to the crafting recipes page.
Some items will be listed with a "-" and that means that item needs to be done in the most general of sense.
Specific pages that need to be done will look like this.
Some guidelines when making and editing pages.
- Avoid redundant information
- Avoid giving a history lesson
- Articles must contain enough information to warrant a full page. If they do not have enough content, they should be merged with other similar articles. For example, there is no page on the minecraft wiki for Birch planks. All planks are in a combined article.
- Don't write stuff about things that are not in the game yet.
- No advertising, fan community pages, joke pages, etc.
- Stick with American English or how it's spelled in-game for example use Axe over Ax.
- In-game items, structures, mobs, etc should not be treated as common nouns and not capitalized.
- Date formatting should be "Month DD, YYYY"
- When making item/block specific pages, use the in-game name for the for the page name. For example a page for shale stone should be "Shale stone"
- When uploading icons for grid recipes it should be "Grid [in-game name in proper english]" so shale stone would be "Grid Shale stone".
Stuff that needs to be worked on
- Arrow needs images of the different kinds of arrows in the damage chart.
- When Arrowheads Is created, we will need images of each arrowhead type, and images of forging both 6 and 9 Copper arrowheads as examples.
Gemstone needs pictures of normal (not clear) quartz & olivine bits
Existing Pages need Reworking
- MainPage -> Survival -> Blocks,Items,Guides
- Water needs filling out, or merge with World Generation?
World Generation page needs more detail.
- category usage
Foraging - What's important to have in your toolbar when first starting out. Stressing survival and progression. For instance, clay is not important to carry on you.Hope
- Clothes (stub page rn)
- Armor - last edit November 2020
- Soil - add information how to find high fertility soil
- move chat keybinds and group stuff into its own page.
- temporal stability & temporal gears include as info in survival guide
- Better crafting grid template
- Bees/Beekeeping - last update July 2020
- Fertilizer information on the Farming Page needs fleshing out (which one does what, when is it actually needed, etc.)
- Navbox decorative item may need addition (need assets)
- No info about corrupted locust (need assets)
- Info about red brick missing in Ceramic_Blocks
- windmill may need assets & redirect to Mechanical Power. additional info about the big gear?
- flesh out page for making & using mortar - or add more redirects?
- make clearer how alloys are mixed and cast (apparently there are misunderstandings?)
- more info on how claiming works, and what issues it has (like doors being still passable, and armour stands not being save)
- info on best sapling getting praxis: axe reduces chances for drop, shears & hands have same droprate (but shears are faster)
- add info to first day guide about world customization, so people know they can make the game "easier" in the beginning
- Glass needs the new glass colours added
- Ceramic Blocks need mention of red & brown brick from traders
- add steel & meteoric iron variants to all tool, weapon, ingots etc lists
- add new plants & flowers to the pages
- Flax Fibers needs more detail, where you get it etc
- page about survival strategies in challenge worlds? like rabbit traps, panning, etc?
- Health (what drains health, what recovers health)
- Building_Blocks - wants a list of options available at each tech tier
- Blasting Powder
- Grass Hay - Linked from Hay, the page for the blocks needs to be made, including whether or not it can be crafted back into Hay
- Arrow Head - Need to include images detailing how to craft arrowheads, the smithing strategies for 6 vs 9 metal arrowheads.
- Sail - Page is redirect to Mechanical Power windmill section, should be split to own page.
- Twine/Flax Twine needs to be split from Linen page
- Split Metals and Ore deposits into individual metal pages such as "Copper" that shows the ore, metal, and everything that can be done with that metal.
- Different tool types/tiers split from general tools pages
Https://wiki.vintagestory.at/index.php?title=Chisel - Page is empty, should redirect to ChiselHope wood Items (for instance bucket) (Appears to have been done)
New Content due to Update
- New Monsters (Bell and Sawblade)
- New blocks: lichen/moss covered
- scrap weapons - great video from Ashantin to attach here
- more modding examples and tutorials
- need to add Block_Materials, Json:block:worldvariantgroups, Modding:WorldGen API to modding navbox
- Main Page-> Theme Pack Modding -> Getting Started -> Basic Example
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> Entity -> Modding:Basic Entity
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> Entity -> Property Overview
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> World Generation -> Tree Generation
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> Getting Started -> Code Sample and Introduction
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> API -> List of client commands
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> API -> Networking
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> Release -> Code Mod
- Move patching tutorial over from the forums
- Macros going over how to make them and how useful they are