The raw material used to create the tool head determines the crafting process required:
- Knapping: Any tool-making stones (produces 2 blades)
- Smithing (one ingot): crafted from the metals shown in the table (below).
Tool Tier Table
|Material||Durability||Material Tier||Mining Speed (Plant)||Attack Power (HP)||Attack Tier|
- To butcher animals: place the tool in an active hotbar slot and harvest a corpse until the butchering interface opens, which indicates that butchering is complete. The small pop-up window contains animal products and resources including meat, bones, fat and raw hides. Products can be removed from this window and transferred to player inventory.
- To harvest plants: place the tool in an active hotbar slot and harvest until the block breaks and the block or resource drops.
- Special: Grass on soil blocks does not regenerate after harvesting with a knife. Grass on farmland blocks will regenerate.
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and strike the target.
Place the knife in the grid crafting slot above or beside the item to be cut, carved, or scraped. Removing the (product) from the output slot of the grid uses the tool(s). When complete, remove the tool from the grid, or close the interface by pressing 'E' to replace the tool into an available space in the inventory or hotbar. (If a slot is not available, pressing 'E' will discard the item(s) on the ground.)
- The knife is used to craft
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Up to four tools can be placed on the tool rack, a specialized wall-mounted storage container. Knives do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers.
|Main Page: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks Path|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Trough|
|Decorative Blocks||Paintings Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpapers Tapestry|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helve hammer Molds Metal Gemstone|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Containers|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Coke Firewood Ingots Leather Flax|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Mechanics||Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Farming Cooking Satiety Knapping Mechanical Power Mining Smithing Trading Temporal Stability Steel Making|
|Crafting Recipes Fuel Leather Working Light sources Ore Deposits Ruins Starter Guide World Generation|