There are three types of soil blocks players can craft: cob, mud brick, and stone path blocks. All of these types of blocks are created in the crafting grid.
Cob requires soil and dry grass to create.
- Block Shapes: Only full blocks can be created. Cob slabs and stairs cannot be created.
- Material Variant: Any soil variant can be used to craft these blocks.
- Appearance: The type of dirt does not affect the appearance of the block.
- Block Shapes: Three variants can be created, Light Brick Blocks, Dark Brick Blocks, a Dark Brick Slab (half-block). No stairs blocks may be created.
- Material Variant: Any soil, sand and clay variants can be used to craft these blocks.
- Appearance: The type of materials used in crafting does not affect the appearance of the block; only the sand/soil components added during creation define whether the block is dark or light.
Stone Path Block
- Block Shapes: Three variants can be created, a full block, a slab (half-block) or stairs blocks.
- Material Variant: Any type of soil or small stone variant can be used to craft these blocks.
- Appearance: The type of soil or stone used does not affect the appearance of the block.
Cob and Mud Bricks are primarily used to create player structures and are handy in early stages of the game. These materials required to craft these blocks can be harvested or gathered using simple stone tools, and except for dry grass, do not require tools at all.
Stone Path Blocks are used to create walkways, but can also be used to build structures. Traveling on pathway blocks increases player movement rate by 33%.
|Mud Brick (Light)||N/A||N/A|
|Mud Brick (Dark)||N/A|
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain blocks||Soil Clay Peat Rock Gravel Sand|
|Construction Blocks||Soil Blocks Ceramic Blocks Planks Stone Blocks Plaster Glass|
|Functional Blocks||Firepit Loot Vessels Containers Bed Barrel Quern Forge Ore blasting bomb|
|Metal Working Blocks and Items||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Molds Forge Metal|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Firewood Charcoal Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Trees Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Wild Foods Grass Other Plants|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Wild Pig Fox Hare Hyena Wolf Drifter Locust|
|Starter Guide Crafting Recipes Ruins Combat Light sources Fuel Farming Cooking BeekeepingAnimal Husbandry Knapping Clay Forming Leather Working Ore Deposits Mining Casting Smithing|