Shears are used to harvest multiple leaf blocks from trees simultaneously.
The raw material used to create the tool head determines the crafting process required:
- Knapping: Shears cannot be crafted by knapping.
- Casting: Shears cannot be crafted by casting.
- Smithing: Iron, Bronze alloy and copper shears can be made by smithing, which requires 1 ingot.
- Note: Shears can also be smithed from gold and silver.
Table: Tool Tiers
|Material||Durability||Material Tier||Attack Power (HP)||Attack Tier|
Shears harvest the targeted leaf block as well as all leaf blocks in a 3 x 3 x 3 cube centered on the targeted block and allows players to gather many sticks or saplings. For more information on saplings, see trees.
To harvest leaf blocks: place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button until the block breaks and the resources drop.
- Note: The shears has no mining speed. The metal used to create the item affects durability, but has no effect on the rate of harvest.
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button to strike the target.
- Note: Though all tools may be used as weapons, the shears has no known attack tier. Values used in the table above reflect only the "metal tier". Inquiring players who decided to test this item have determined that a player using iron shears as a weapon can kill a deep drifter. This combat requires 10 attack actions and the player testing the shears stated "Shears are a great tool for players who prefer to fight mobs up close and personal."
The shears is not used in any current game crafting.
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Shears do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers. The tool rack is a specialized wall mounted storage container that allows players to store tools. Tool racks are made of 6 sticks in the crafting grid and once placed, can store 4 tools each. Tools are placed from an active hotbar slot and removed using the right mouse button to an empty space in the hotbar.
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Wood Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Quern|
|Decorative Blocks||Paintings Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpapers|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helvehammer Molds Metal Gemstone|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Bags|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Firewood Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Mechanics||Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Farming Cooking Knapping Mechanical Power Mining Smithing Trading Temporal Stability|
|Crafting Recipes Fuel Leather Working Light sources Ore Deposits Ruins Starter Guide World Generation|