Tin Bronze: 400
Bismuth Bronze: 450
Black Bronze: 500
Saws are tools that allows players to craft wooden block components (particularly boards).
The raw material used to create the tool head determines the crafting process required:
- Knapping: Saws cannot be crafted by knapping.
- Casting: Saws cannot be made by casting.
- Smithing: Iron, Bronze alloy and copper saws can be made by smithing, which requires 1 ingot.
- Note: Saws can also be smithed from the rare base metals gold and silver.
Table: Tool Tiers
|Material||Durability||Material Tier||Mining Speed (wood)||Mining Speed (leaves)|
The saw is the only tool that can be used to create the essential building component boards.
- To harvest plants: place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button until the block breaks and the block or resource drops.
- Logs: A saw can be used to harvest single logs from trees, (using the axe harvests multiple logs).
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button to strike the target.
- Note: though all tools may be used as weapons, the saw has no known attack power or HP value per hit. Inquiring players who decided to test this item have determined that that a player using the saw as a weapon can kill a surface drifter. This combat requires 50+ attack actions and the player testing the saw stated "I can kill a surface drifter with an iron saw. I would never recommend the saw for combat though that was a great challenge."
Place the saw in the grid crafting slot above or beside the item to be sawn. Removing the (product) from the output slot of the grid uses the tool(s). When complete, remove the tool from the grid, or close the interface by pressing 'E' to replace the tool into an available space in the inventory or hotbar. (If a slot is not available, pressing 'E' will discard the item(s) on the ground.)
- The saw is used to craft:
- The hammer + chisel + saw is used to craft:
- Craft gears, axles and rotors. See the mechanical power page for more information.
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Saws do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers. The tool rack is a specialized wall mounted storage container that allows players to store tools. Tool racks are made of 6 sticks in the crafting grid and once placed, can store 4 tools each. Tools are placed from an active hotbar slot and removed using the right mouse button to an empty space in the hotbar.
|Main Page: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks Path|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Trough|
|Decorative Blocks||Paintings Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpapers|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helve hammer Molds Metal Gemstone|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Containers|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Coke Firewood Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Mechanics||Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Farming Cooking Knapping Mechanical Power Mining Smithing Trading Temporal Stability|
|Crafting Recipes Fuel Leather Working Light sources Ore Deposits Ruins Starter Guide World Generation|