Tin Bronze: 400
Bismuth Bronze: 450
Black Bronze: 500
Saws are tools that allows players to craft wooden block components (particularly boards).
- Smithing (1 ingot): crafted from the metals shown in the table (below)
Table: Tool Tiers
|Material||Durability||Material Tier||Mining Speed (wood)||Mining Speed (leaves)|
The saw is the only tool that can be used to create the essential building component boards.
- To harvest plants: place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button until the block breaks and the block or resource drops.
- Logs: A saw can be used to harvest single logs from trees, (using the axe harvests multiple logs).
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button to strike the target.
- Note: though all tools may be used as weapons, the saw has no known attack power or HP value per hit.
Place the saw in the grid crafting slot above or beside the item to be sawn. Removing the (product) from the output slot of the grid uses the tool(s). When complete, remove the tool from the grid, or close the interface by pressing 'E' to replace the tool into an available space in the inventory or hotbar. (If a slot is not available, pressing 'E' will discard the item(s) on the ground.)
- The saw is used to craft:
- The hammer + chisel + saw is used to craft:
- Craft gears, axles and rotors. See the mechanical power page for more information.
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Up to four tools can be placed on the tool rack, a specialized wall-mounted storage container. Chisels do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers. Saws do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers.
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain blocks||Soil Clay Peat Rock Gravel Sand|
|Construction Blocks||Soil Blocks Ceramic Blocks Planks Stone Blocks Plaster Glass|
|Functional Blocks||Firepit Loot Vessels Containers Bed Barrel Quern Forge Ore blasting bomb|
|Metal Working Blocks and Items||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Molds Forge Metal|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Firewood Charcoal Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Trees Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Wild Foods Grass Other Plants|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Wild Pig Fox Hare Hyena Wolf Drifter Locust|
|Starter Guide Crafting Recipes Ruins Combat Light sources Fuel Farming Cooking BeekeepingAnimal Husbandry Knapping Clay Forming Leather Working Ore Deposits Mining Casting Smithing|