Pumpkins are unique plants and have very different growth behaviors from other crops. They can only rarely be found inside loot vessels.
Required Nutrient: P
Nutrient Consumption: 30
Growth Stages: 7
Total Growth Days: 3.5
Pumpkin Mother Plant
Pumpkins consist of three main components: The mother plant, vines and the fruit. The mother plant follows the growth behavior defined in the crop properties and mostly behaves the way other crops do. However, once it's at stage 3 or above it has a 50% chance to spawn a stage 1 vine on any of the 4 adjacent sides as long as the the position is occupied by air or a block with replaceable >= 6000 and that the supporting block(block underneath) is solid. After 6 in game days it will no longer spawn vines.
A vine with grow by 1 stage every 12 in game hours. Only on stage 2 it has a 50% change to spawn another stage 1 vine. The vine will spawn with a 75% chance in the opposite direction of the parent and the remaining 25% is randomly chosen left or right. 6 in game hours after reaching stage 3 it has a 50% chance of becoming a flowering stage 3 vine A flowering stage 3 vine is on a 12 ingame hour timer. On each interval end it has:
- A 50% chance to spawn a pumpkin on any of the 4 adjacent sides (if free)
- A 50% chance to turn back into a normal stage 3 vine
- After 3 intervals it will turn back into a normal stage 3 vine
The vines rarely spread beyond 4 away from the mother plant. The longer vines grow straight out from the pumpkin therefore if planting in a straight line leave at least 8 blocks in between. Plants will yield roughly 2.6 pumpkins on average.
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain blocks||Gravel Sand Soil Rock|
|Metal Working||Anvil Crucible Forge Ingot Mold|
|Functional||Firepit Ore blasting bomb Loot Vessels Containers Quern|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Bow Spear Sword Club|
|Plants||Cattail Flax Onion Parsnip Rice Rye Soybean Spelt Turnip Flowers Trees Berries|
|Mobs||Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Locust Wild Pig Wolf Hyena|
|Starter Guide Crafting Recipes Fuel Agriculture Mining Metal Beekeeping Ruins Combat Smithing Clay Forming Light sources|