Missing on this page:
- Locations for where the different mushroom species grow
- Do the poisonous mushrooms still damage you when cooked in dishes?
- What is mushroom frequency like in colder biomes?
- How do seasons affect mushroom growth?
- Higher quality images?
- Incomplete history for earlier game versions
Mushrooms are a type of vegetation and wild food which frequently populate temperate, green biomes. They can typically be found by foraging in forests and grassy plains.
All mushrooms fall under the vegetable food category. Every mushroom eaten raw will fill 80 sat. However, certain types of mushrooms are poisonous, and will damage characters when consumed.
Mushrooms can be harvested by breaking them with a hand or knife. Over time, the mushroom will regenerate. Mushrooms cannot be re-planted or farmed.
Types of mushrooms
Mushrooms can grow either on the ground, or on tree bark. There are currently a total of 37 mushrooms in the game.
As opposed to other types of mushrooms which are found in the ground, polypores grow on tree bark.
|Chicken of the woods||✔️|
|Elfin saddle||❌ -7hp|
1.16: Added 34 new types of Mushrooms. Harvesting with knife is optional, regrowth occurs either way.
|Vanilla Game Content|
|Tools & Weapons|