To create leather, a player needs
- Hides. Please note, the "huge" hide is not currently obtainable in the game.
- Barrels to process raw hides,
- A supply of oak logs, see chart to identify oak, to make tannin.
- A bucket to transfer liquid.
- A supply of lime or powdered borax.
|Hide||Leather||Water||Soaking solute||Oak logs|
Preparing the Solutions
- A bucket holds 10 units of liquid.
- A barrel holds 50 units or 5 buckets of liquid.
To make soaked hides limewater or diluted borax may be used:
- Limewater: 1 unit of water and 1 lime makes 1 unit of limewater.
- Diluted borax: 5 units of water and 2 powdered borax make 5 units of diluted borax.
Weak and strong tannin are both required:
- Weak tannin: 10 units of water and 1 oak log make 10 units of weak tannin. The barrel must be sealed for 24 hours.
- Strong tannin: 10 units of weak tannin and 1 oak log make 10 units of strong tannin. The barrel must be sealed for 24 hour.
Hide Processing Sequence
Players may only process one size of hide at a time, small, medium, large, or huge. Also, each of the sizes use different amounts of solution. Huge, large, medium, and small require 10, 6, 4, and 2 units respectively.
- Place the hides into the lime or borax solution and seal the barrel, after 20 hours they will become soaked hides.
- Put a knife and the soaked hides into your crafting grid to create scraped hides.
- Place the scraped hides into the weak tannin solution and seal the barrel, after 4 days they will become prepared hides.
- Place the prepared hides into the strong tannin solution and seal the barrel, after 4 days they will become leather.
The different sizes of hides also give different amounts of leather. Huge, large, medium, and small produce 5, 3, 2, and 1 leather respectively.
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Wood Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Quern|
|Decorative Blocks||Paintings Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpapers|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helvehammer Molds Metal Gemstone|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Bags|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Firewood Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Mechanics||Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Farming Cooking Knapping Mechanical Power Mining Smithing Trading Temporal Stability|
|Crafting Recipes Fuel Leather Working Light sources Ore Deposits Ruins Starter Guide World Generation|