The raw material used to create the tool head determines the crafting process required:
- Knapping: Any tool-making stones (produces 2 blades)
- Smithing (one ingot): Iron, Bronze alloy, Copper (Gold and Silver)
Table: Tool Tiers
|Material||Durability||Material Tier||Mining Speed (Plant)||Attack Power (HP)||Attack Tier|
- To butcher animals: place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press Shift + hold right mouse button until the butchering interface opens, which indicates that butchering is complete. The small pop-up window contains animal products and resources including meat, bones, fat and raw hides. Products can be removed from this window and transferred to player inventory.
- To harvest plants: place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button until the block breaks and the block or resource drops.
- Special: Grass on soil blocks does not regenerate after harvesting with a knife. Grass on farmland blocks will regenerate.
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button to strike the target.
Place the knife in the grid crafting slot above or beside the item to be cut, carved, or scraped. Removing the (product) from the output slot of the grid uses the tool(s). When complete, remove the tool from the grid, or close the interface by pressing 'E' to replace the tool into an available space in the inventory or hotbar. (If a slot is not available, pressing 'E' will discard the item(s) on the ground.)
- The knife is used to craft
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Up to four tools can be placed on the tool rack, a specialized wall-mounted storage container. Knives do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers.
|Vanilla Game Content|
|Tools & Weapons|