Info and Guidelines
This page is designed to help wiki contributors know what needs to be done on the wiki. As these pages become complete, make sure to remove them from this page. If you need help first google, the help pages on wikipedia are very informative, and last ask in the discord #wiki channel.
If you see something like "Trees -> Acacia" It means that the section Acacia needs to be added to the trees page.
If you see "Crafting Recipes -> recipe:hay" It means the recipe for hay need to be added to the crafting recipes page.
Some items will be listed with a "-" and that means that item needs to be done in the most general of sense.
Specific pages that need to be done will look like this.
Some guidelines when making and editing pages.
- Avoid redundant information
- Avoid giving a history lesson
- Articles must contain enough information to warrant a full page. If they do not have enough content, they should be merged with other similar articles. For example, there is no page on the minecraft wiki for Birch planks. All planks are in a combined article.
- Don't write stuff about things that are not in the game yet.
- No advertising, fan community pages, joke pages, etc.
- Stick with American English or how it's spelled in-game for example use Axe over Ax.
- In-game items, structures, mobs, etc should not be treated as common nouns and not capitalized.
- Date formatting should be "Month DD, YYYY"
- When making item/block specific pages, use the in-game name for the for the page name. For example a page for shale stone should be "Shale stone"
- When uploading icons for grid recipes it should be "Grid [in-game name in proper english]" so shale stone would be "Grid Shale stone".
Stuff that needs worked on
- Health (what drains health, what recovers health)
- Planks (how to craft them)
- Page for Lantern
- Smithing recipes page
- Crafting Recipes -> recipe:rope
- Light sources - lighting options and about them.
- Foraging - What's important to have in your toolbar when first starting out. Stressing survival and progression. For instance, clay is not important to carry on you.
- Building_Blocks - wants a list of options available at each tech tier
- Rock types
- Various pages on specific blocks and items
- Items index
- Blocks index
- Soil - add information of different soil types and how to find high fertility soil.
- more modding examples and tutorials
- need to add Block_Materials, Json:block:behavior, Json:block:texture, Json:block:worldvariantgroups, WorldGen to modding navbox
- Main Page-> Theme Pack Modding -> Getting Started -> Basic Example
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> Entity -> Basic Entity
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> Entity -> Property Overview
- Main Page-> Game Content Modding -> World Generation -> Tree Generation
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> Getting Started -> Code Sample and Introduction
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> API -> Commands
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> API -> Networking
- Main Page-> Code Modding -> Release -> Code Mod