The forge is created using 7 cobblestone blocks in the player's crafting grid. Once crafted, the forge may be placed as any other block onto a solid surface. The forge can be broken and replaced with bare hands. No tools are required to break it.
- Add coal or charcoal to the forge - note that the burn temperatures and length of the different coal fuel times do not matter in the forge, thus it is recommended to use the cheapest one - which might be charcoal or brown coal, depending on situation
- Add ingots to the forge like fuel. The capacity of the forge is four ingots.
- To ignite the forge, ignite the forge with a torch.
- Wait for the ingots to heat. As ingots heat, they will appear glowing, and the ingot temperature is displayed in the forge dialog box.
- Remove the ingot from the forge upon reaching the desired temperature.
Metal can be worked when ingots are heated to a temperature above 60% of the melting point. The forge will continue to heat items until all fuel is consumed. When the forge consumes all available fuel, it will be extinguished whether the ingots are heated or not. Rain will extinguish a forge.
Note: Items in a forge can not melt, even when heated beyond their melting point.
|Vanilla Game Content|
|Tools & Weapons|