- Collect dry grass by harvesting grass with a knife.
- Place an axe and a wood log in the crafting grid to produce at least 4 firewood.
- With dry grass in the active hand, place the dry grass on a solid block.
- Add 4 firewood using the same method.
- Ignite the firepit using the firestarter.
- The firepit will remain lit for a short time without additional fuel.
Once created, a firepit is permanent and can be reused by adding fuel into the firepit and re-ignited using a firestarter or torch.
Firepits are commonly used for:
- Crafting torches by cooking sticks.
- Melting metal with a crucible during casting.
- Cooking bread, roasting meat, or preparing advanced meals using the claypot.
Opening the firepit GUI, reveals three slots:
- Top Left: Input to be heated
- Top Right: Output Completed/Finished items
- Bottom Left: Fuel Slot
- Place the item to be processed into the top left slot. In the case of containers, crucible or claypot, additional items must be added into the container GUI, which expands to 4 input slots.
- Add fuel to the bottom left slot. Different fuels burn at different temperatures and duration, see fuel for more information.
- Wait for the firepit to achieve and maintain the required temperature for the process. Be sure to add enough of the correct fuel type to complete the process! In the case of containers, if the items added do not create a valid recipe, the item will not heat.
- When complete, the item will shift to the output slot and can be removed by the player.
A firepit cannot be moved once created, nor can it be stored in any inventory or container. Breaking the only drops its contents. A firepit can be used to store items in the input slot.
|Main Page: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks Path|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Trough|
|Decorative Blocks||Painting Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpapers Tapestry|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helve hammer Molds Metal Gemstone|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Containers|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Coke Firewood Ingots Leather Flax|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Mushrooms Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Fruit Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Mechanics||Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Farming Cooking Health Satiety Knapping Mechanical Power Mining Smithing Trading Temporal Stability Steel Making|
|Crafting Recipes Fuel Leather Working Light sources Ore Deposits Ruins Starter Guide World Generation|