- Collect Dry grass by harvesting grass with a knife.
- Place an axe and a wood log in the crafting grid to produce at least 4 firewood.
- With dry grass in the active hand, place the grass using sneak (shift) + right mouse button on a solid block.
- Add 4 firewood using the same method.
- Ignite the firepit using the firestarter sneak + hold RMB.
- The firepit will remain lit for a short time without additional fuel.
Once created, a firepit is permanent and can be reused by adding fuel into the firepit using sneak (shift) + right mouse button and re-ignited using the firestarter.
Firepits are commonly used for:
- Crafting torches by "cooking" sticks. (Place into the input slot to make torches)
- Burning clay molds and items.
- Melting metal with a crucible during casting
- Cooking bread, roasting meat, or preparing advanced meals using the claypot
Right mouse button opens the firepit GUI, which has three slots:
- Top Left: Input to be heated (accepts sticks, clay items to be burned, containers such as the claypot and crucible, and foods including bread, raw meat)
- Top Right: Output Completed/Finished items
- Bottom Left: Fuel Slot (accepts flammable items, see fuel)
- Place the item to be processed into the top left slot. In the case of containers (crucible, claypot), additional items must be added into the container GUI, which expands to 4 input slots.
- Add fuel to the bottom left slot. Different fuels burn at different temperatures and duration, see fuel for more information.
- Wait for the firepit to achieve and maintain the required temperature for the process. Be sure to add enough of the correct fuel type to complete the process! In the case of containers (crucible, claypot), if the items added do not create a valid recipe, the item will not heat.
- When complete, the item will shift to the right (output slot) and can be removed by the player.
(If items are removed/replaced in the input slot before the process is complete, the temperature will revert to cold and the process must begin again from "start"
A firepit cannot be moved once created, nor can it be stored in any inventory or container. Breaking the block drops nothing.
|Vanilla Game Content|
|Tools & Weapons|