From Vintage Story Wiki
Making a fire pit
- Collect some Dry Grass by harvesting grass with a knife.
- Put an axe and a wood log in your crafting window to acquire at least 4 firewood.
- With dry grass in your active hand, sneak (shift) + right click on the ground, add 4 firewood with the same method.
- The firepit will remain lit for a short time. To relight, place more fuel into the firepit using sneak (shift) + right click
- Different Fuels burn at different temperatures and duration.
Firepits are used for the following:
- Crafting torches by "cooking" sticks. (Do not put them into the bottom slot if you want to make torches)
- Hardening of clay moulds.
- Melting metal with a crucible
- Cooking food
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain blocks||Gravel Sand Soil Rock|
|Metal Working||Anvil Crucible Forge Ingot Mold|
|Functional||Firepit Ore blasting bomb Loot Vessels Containers Quern|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Bow Spear Sword Club|
|Plants||Cattail Flax Onion Parsnip Rice Rye Soybean Spelt Turnip Flowers Trees Berries|
|Mobs||Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Locust Wild Pig Wolf Hyena|
|Starter Guide Crafting Recipes Fuel Agriculture Mining Metal Beekeeping Ruins Combat Smithing Clay Forming Light sources|