Your classic 3x3 grid crafting system. It is accessible through your inventory so there is currently no need of a crafting table.
The developers of the game would ultimately like to get rid of this system and replace it with more immersive in-world crafting systems.
As of version 1.8 all grid crafting recipes can be looked up ingame using the survival handbook (mapped to keyboard key 'H' by default), and thus below list is no longer regularly updated. You are better off looking up recipes ingame.
- Stone tools are made through flint knapping, check out the survival starter guide.
- Metal tools are made through tool casting or smithing, check out the survival starter guide.
Both methods will give you tool heads that you need to combine with a stick
- The flint spear is made through knapping. The wooden club requires you to craft a knife first
- Metal weapons are made through tool casting or smithing
Clay Item Molds
Are made via the clay forming interface. The cost of the items are as follows:
|mold or item||# clay|
|Pick, Sword, Hammer, Hoe||12|
|Clay (cooking) pot||4|
The basket has 8 slots, the chest has 16, and the tool rack has space for 4 tools. The labelled chest may be written on using certain coloured stones, or with charcoal.
NOTE: When you throw out a container carried in one of the four container slots, it will take any items it had in it, with it. It can be best to empty your inventory before throwing containers out. The mining bag can only be used for carrying ores, minerals, and stones
Basic torches are crafted by burning sticks on a fire, but they only last for a limited time. Other light sources are permanent.
Note that breaking the bloomery blocks returns 2/3 as many bricks as they cost to craft.
Stone & Clay
Whole rock blocks are mined by removing all adjacent blocks touching their 6 faces.
Beds & Hay
Stone & Clay
Hay & Glass
Food / Resources
Note: Ore Bombs have a 90% chance of dropping the ore contained in an ore block, whereas the remaining 10% are lost.
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Quern|
|Decorative Blocks||Paintings Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpaper|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helvehammer Molds Metal|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Bags|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Firewood Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Cooking Crafting Recipes Farming Fuel Knapping Leather Working Light sources Mechanical Power Mining Ore Deposits Ruins Smithing Trading Starter Guide|