Chisels are the primary tool used to carve or polish stone and wood blocks.
The raw material used to create the tool head determines the crafting process required:
- Knapping: Chisels cannot be crafted by knapping.
- Casting: Chisels cannot be crafted by casting.
- Smithing: Copper, Bronze alloy and Iron chisels can only be made by smithing, which requires 1 ingot.
- Note: Chisels cannot be created from gold and silver.
Special: When smithing, four chisel blades may be created from one ingot.
Table: Tool Tiers
|Material||Durability||Material Tier||Attack Power (HP)||Attack Tier|
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button to strike the target.
- The chisel is used with the hammer to craft polished rock, polished slabs and stone bricks in the crafting grid. See the stone block page for more information.
- The chisel is used with the hammer and saw to craft gears, axles and rotors in the crafting grid. See the mechanical power page for more information.
This option, when activated in a game (server configuration), allows players to remove voxels from full blocks to create unique shapes. Left mouse button removes voxels, right mouse button replaces voxels.
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Chisels do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers. The tool rack is a specialized wall mounted storage container that allows players to store tools. Tool racks are made of 6 sticks in the crafting grid and once placed, can store 4 tools each. Tools are placed from an active hotbar slot and removed using the right mouse button to an empty space in the hotbar.
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Quern|
|Decorative Blocks||Paintings Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpaper|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helvehammer Molds Metal|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Bags|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Firewood Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Cooking Crafting Recipes Farming Fuel Knapping Leather Working Light sources Mechanical Power Mining Ore Deposits Ruins Smithing Trading Starter Guide|