Chisels are the primary tool used to carve or polish stone and wood blocks.
The raw material used to create the tool head determines the crafting process required:
- Knapping: Chisels cannot be crafted by knapping.
- Casting: Chisels cannot be crafted by casting.
- Smithing: Copper, Bronze alloy and Iron chisels can only be made by smithing, which requires 1 ingot.
- Note: Chisels cannot be created from gold and silver.
Special: When smithing, four chisel blades may be created from one ingot.
Table: Tool Tiers
- Note: The chisel has no mining speed variant. The metal used to create the item affects durability.
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button to strike the target.
- Note: Though all tools may be used as weapons, the chisel has no known attack power or HP value per hit. Inquiring players who decided to test this item have determined that that a player using the chisel as a weapon can kill a surface drifter. This combat requires at least 20 attacks and the player testing the chisel clearly stated "I can indeed kill a drifter with an iron chisel... but that is just asking to be killed." Also, using a chisel as a weapon does not impact the item durability.
Place the required tools in the grid crafting slot above the material to be carved. (Generally the hammer is placed above the chisel, and the material to be processed is placed below the chisel. Removing the (product) from the output slot of the grid uses the tool. When complete, remove the tool from the grid, or close the interface by pressing 'E' to replace the tool into an available space in the inventory or hotbar. (If a slot is not available, pressing 'E' will discard the item(s) on the ground.)
- The chisel is used with the hammer to craft polished rock, polished slabs and stone bricks in the crafting grid. See the stone block page for more information.
- The chisel is used with the hammer and saw to craft gears, axles and rotors in the crafting grid. See the mechanical power page for more information.
Special Case: Microblock Chiseling
When this option is activated in a game (server configuration), players may remove voxels from full blocks to create unique shapes.
- Left mouse button removes voxels.
- Right mouse button replaces voxels.
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Chisels do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers. The tool rack is a specialized wall mounted storage container that allows players to store tools. Tool racks are made of 6 sticks in the crafting grid and once placed, can store 4 tools each. Tools are placed from an active hotbar slot and removed using the right mouse button to an empty space in the hotbar.
|Main Page: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain Blocks||Clay Gravel Peat Rock Sand Soil|
|Construction Blocks||Ceramic Blocks Glass Planks Plaster Soil Blocks Stone Blocks Path|
|Functional Blocks||BarrelWooden Bucket Bed Containers Firepit Forge Loot Vessels Ore blasting bomb Trough|
|Decorative Blocks||Paintings Carpets Bookshelves Flowerpots Wallpapers|
|Metal Working||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Forge Helve hammer Molds Metal Gemstone|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Cleaver Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Equipment||Armor Clothes Containers|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Charcoal Coke Firewood Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Grass Other Plants Trees Wild Foods|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Drifter Fox Hare Hyena Locust Raccoon Wild Pig Wolf|
|Mechanics||Animal Husbandry Beekeeping Casting Clay Forming Combat Farming Cooking Knapping Mechanical Power Mining Smithing Trading Temporal Stability|
|Crafting Recipes Fuel Leather Working Light sources Ore Deposits Ruins Starter Guide World Generation|