Tin Bronze: 1000
Bismuth Bronze: 1200
Black Bronze: 1400
Chisels are the primary tool used to carve or polish stone and wood blocks.
- Smithing (1 ingot): crafted from the metals shown in the table (below)
Table: Tool Tiers
- Note: The chisel has no mining speed variant. The metal used to create the item affects durability.
Attacking a mob (melee combat): place the tool in an active hotbar slot and press or hold left mouse button to strike the target.
- Note: Though all tools may be used as weapons, the chisel has no known attack power or HP value per hit. Inquiring players who decided to test this item have determined that that a player using the chisel as a weapon can kill a surface drifter. This combat requires at least 20 attacks and the player testing the chisel clearly stated "I can indeed kill a drifter with an iron chisel... but that is just asking to be killed." Also, using a chisel as a weapon does not impact the item durability.
Place the required tools in the grid crafting slot above the material to be carved. (Generally the hammer is placed above the chisel, and the material to be processed is placed below the chisel.) Removing the product from the output slot of the grid uses the tool. When complete, remove the tool from the grid, or close the interface by pressing 'E' to replace the tool into an available space in the inventory or hotbar. (If a slot is not available, pressing 'E' will discard the item(s) on the ground.)
- The chisel is used with the hammer to craft polished rock, polished slabs and stone bricks in the crafting grid. See the stone block page for more information.
- The chisel is used with the hammer and saw to craft gears, axles and rotors in the crafting grid. See the mechanical power page for more information.
Special Case: Microblock Chiseling
When this option is activated in a game (server configuration), players may remove voxels from full blocks to create unique shapes. Tool modes can be accessed by pressing 'F', which allows the player to select how many voxels are removed/replaced from blocks, or to rotate a chiseled block.
- Left mouse button removes voxels.
- Right mouse button replaces voxels.
Tools are items commonly used by players and are generally equipped in the hotbar. Up to four tools can be placed on the tool rack, a specialized wall-mounted storage container. Chisels do not stack in inventory or when placed in containers.
|Vintage Story: Vanilla Game Content|
|Terrain blocks||Soil Clay Peat Rock Gravel Sand|
|Construction Blocks||Soil Blocks Ceramic Blocks Planks Stone Blocks Plaster Glass|
|Functional Blocks||Firepit Loot Vessels Containers Bed Barrel Quern Forge Ore blasting bomb|
|Metal Working Blocks and Items||Anvil Bloomery Crucible Molds Forge Metal|
|Tools & Weapons||Axe Bow Chisel Club Hammer Hoe Knife Pickaxe Prospecting Pick Saw Scythe Shears Shovel Spear Sword|
|Craftable Resources||Boards Firewood Charcoal Ingots Leather Linen|
|Plants||Trees Berry Bushes Cooper's Reed (Cattail) Flowers Wild Foods Grass Other Plants|
|Mobs||Bees Bighorn sheep Chicken Wild Pig Fox Hare Hyena Wolf Drifter Locust|
|Starter Guide Crafting Recipes Ruins Combat Light sources Fuel Farming Cooking BeekeepingAnimal Husbandry Knapping Clay Forming Leather Working Ore Deposits Mining Casting Smithing|